Without consistent, reliable backups, valuable company data can be lost forever, so choosing a backup method that will work effectively is important for your business’s survival.
Your decision to store your data onsite or offsite is basically a matter of preference that depends largely on your business and data retention requirements. Both onsite and offsite data backup methods have their advantages and disadvantages, but SON Technology can implement the approach that best meets your business’s needs, including a hybrid approach that combines the benefits of both onsite and offsite backup.
Onsite Data Backup
- A scalable solution – add storage as needed
- Quick and easy backup to a networked device
- Fast recovery
- Low cost – storage device requires a single investment
- Catastrophic office disaster – flood or fire
- Human error – requires someone to remember to perform the backup regularly
- Risk of theft or vandalism
- Storage device failure or corruption
Offsite Data Backup
- Redundant data storage in multiple locations
- Automatic backup – removes the need for human intervention
- Unlimited data retention
- Scalable – based on your data load
- Limited or no access to data during preventative maintenance
- Internet access required
- Higher cost
- Network bandwidth intensive – Initial backup can be lengthy, depending on the size.
SON Technology can implement either the onsite or offsite data backup method for your business, depending upon which most effectively meets your needs. We can also implement a hybrid approach, combining the accessibility and convenience of onsite backup with the security and peace of mind that comes with offsite storage.
Contact us today to discuss a data backup solution to protect your valuable company data. Our offices are located in beautiful Lake Mary, Florida and we work with clients across the US. In the Central Florida area, we locally serve businesses in Orlando, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Mount Dora, and Winter Park.